Music is referenced many times throughout the Scriptures. Over 1150 verses in the Bible reference a form of music! Music, to me is addictive. I love listening to it while I work, clean, drive, and walk… all the time. I love praising the Lord through songs. "Many times the song has ended, but the melody lingers on". I continue to worship the Lord throughout the day.
I have my iTunes of course, but there is something about having the radio on. I have recently discovered that I can listen to KLOVE even when in Hungary. So I do. Song after song ministers to my heart. Sometimes I don't listen to a song for the lyrics, but for its tune or just to break the silence. Slowly the lyrics began to get stuck in my head. This morning a song came on and I stopped what I was doing and just listened to the lyrics. I closed my eyes and just let the words seep into the depths of my soul. Music is a powerful form of expression. Not only does it communicate thoughts and ideas, but it also conveys emotions and feelings.

No comments:
Post a Comment